Thursday 22 January 2015

The Beginning

So. Here we are at the start of our journey, me (Karl) and my girlfriend (Dani) hopefully ready to take on the huge responsibility that is the art of growing Bonsai. But first a little about ourselves:

Hi, my name is Karl, and I am a young man hailing from a city of reasonable size (in perspective) called Hamilton, in the country of New Zealand! I live with my family in the country just out of Hamilton in the Waikato area, with my girlfriend Dani.

My interest in plants was sparked from a young age, as I grew up in the gardens every weekend with my mother, so I later went on to take horticulture for five years in high school, achieving NCEA (National Certificate of  Educational Achievement) level 3 in the subject. It was about this time I was fortunate enough to meet a lady by the name of Sandra at my first bonsai show in the Hamilton Gardens. She gave me a young Chinese Elm and sent me on my way (I didn't have the money at the time to afford lessons), which I managed to kill somehow.

It has been three years since that point, and I am ready to give bonsai a go again, feeling more patient with the process and ready to learn, along with Dani, but overwhelmed at all that go into creating one, and the vision you seem to have to have for the future.

My girlfriend Dani is eager to learn as well, and together we hope to create our first bonsai over the next few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment